Coronavirus Help Guide
You may use this website for requesting pathology tests from Spire Healthcare as long as you have an existing or suspected clinical need for requesting the test. We will ask you to confirm this on checkout.
Please also understand that certain Spire locations will not accept outpatient appointments as they are gearing up for helping the NHS during the COVID-19 pandemic. If this is the case you will not be able to select the location during checkout, and the location page will have an announcement on it.
Because of this we will personally be managing appointments for you - please state your desired dates/times in checkout when requested - we will then call the hospital on your behalf. If we are unable to offer an appointment then we will try to give you an alternative, or offer you pathology through a blood testing services that we operate. Please click here to learn about our other services
Please click here to view the testing we have available for Coronavirus COVID-19
Below we have provided credible sources from the NHS on how to protect yourself and your family in the current Coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak.
How to avoid catching and spreading coronavirus: The Dos and Don'ts.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- avoid close contact with people who have symptoms of coronavirus
- only travel on public transport if you need to
- work from home, if you can
- avoid social activities, such as going to pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas
- avoid events with large groups of people
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- do not have visitors to your home, including friends and family
All information has been collected and sourced from the NHS website.
Please read more here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
For more information on Coronavirus and pregnancy please see here:
If you're pregnant and worried about coronavirus, you can get advice about coronavirus and pregnancy from the Royal College of Obstretricians and Gynaecologists. https://www.rcog.org.uk/